Motrex LLC Industrial Equipment Repair Apprentice in Waterloo, Iowa
New 1st shift position available in Manchester, IA! The starting pay rate will be up to $21.25 per hour; skill and business need will determine pay.
Industrial Equipment Repair Apprentice will primarily be responsible for the formation zone, but may be asked to assist in the finishing zone also. Responsibilities shall encompass machine rebuilding and repairs including but not limited to all production and building equipment or machinery within the formation and finishing areas. Performs other work as assigned by supervisor or supervisory designee.
While COVID-19 impacts all of us, Stryten's Health and Safety culture, personal protective equipment, and procedures are in place to minimize your exposure so we can produce the products our customers rely upon and need.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
Stryten Manufacturing offers a strong benefit package that includes the following:
Medical, prescription, dental and vision plans
Short-term, long term disability and employee life
401(k) plan with Company Match
Paid Time Off
Must be able to handle and lift up to 70 lbs. occasionally throughout shift. Work requires frequent standing with periodic climbing, turning, and bending required.
Must have enough mechanical aptitude to effectively meet a diverse plant need for general maintenance.
Preferred experience includes working knowledge in the following areas:
Basic equipment repair and troubleshooting capabilities.
Repair compressed air leaks.
Roller conveyor systems, inspecting/replacing rollers and drive belts.
Chains and sprockets inspection/replacement.
Must be able to cut and glue PVC piping.
Assist with creation of preventive maintenance control system.
Catalog and assign all equipment with location ID, and combine with spare parts listing.
Ability to operate assorted hand tools, drills, grinders, and other power tools as needed.
Will be required to work with limited direct supervision.
Must be able to understand and communicate in simple English to receive training instruction and perform team responsibilities.
Must follow safety and health procedures for the protection of self and fellow workers including lock out/tag out.
Must accurately complete work orders, parts requests and other paperwork as required.
Should have excellent attendance and must comply with the company attendance policy and reporting procedures.
Must adhere to plant policies and procedures depicted in the employee handbook as well as conform to accepted general practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Multimeter, lathe, mill, benchtop grinder, drill press, other testing equipment, bench and hand power tools, numerous types of powered equipment, and safety equipment.
- Must be able to wear work uniform, personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields, acid resistant sleeves as needed, hearing protection; metatarsal steel-toed shoes, nitrile or rubber gloves, and respirator as required by Lead in Air's in the department.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work area where maintenance work is being performed. Ensuring area is clean when work has been completed.
- Will be exposed to extreme hot, humid, and cold working conditions. Will be exposed to lead in the form of dust, fumes, molten lead, flames, hot equipment, moving equipment, acid, caustic, and other hazards.
- Must be able to follow work instructions and procedures satisfactorily enough to ensure that high bloodleads do not lead to medical removal. Adherence to General Policy includes shower at the end of each work shift.
Stryten Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Manufacturing, www.stryten.com, is a leading provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the Transportation and Industrial markets. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, the company operates transportation plants in Salina, Kansas, Manchester, Iowa and industrial facilities in Ft. Smith, Arkansas, Kansas City, Kansas, and Charlottesville, Virginia. Its manufacturing plants are located Kansas City, Missouri, and Lampeter, Pennsylvania. These locations produce a comprehensive portfolio of battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for the Transportation, Network Power and Motive Power markets. Also served are industries such as agricultural, automotive, heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others.
Job Locations IA-Manchester | IA-Cedar Rapids | IA-Dubuque | IA-Oelwein | IA-Waterloo
Requisition ID 2020-2818
Category Manufacturing - Maintenance
Position Type Regular Fulltime
Address 913 South 10th Street
Postal Code 52057