Motrex LLC Environmental Technician in Oelwein, Iowa
Position available in Manchester, Iowa – $2,500 sign-on bonus!! Starting pay rate = $28.55 per hour and shift differential of $0.40
Stryten Energy in Manchester, IA is currently hiring qualified Maintenance Technicians that will be responsible for the waste water control equipment! These 12-hour shift positions work days (6a-6p) and ever other weekend - your schedule is set for the year and repeats every 2 weeks.
The Environmental Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of waste water treatment plant, air pollution control equipment (baghouses and scrubbers), and hazardous waste and universal waste manifesting and disposal. Ensure compliance is maintained with local, state and federal regulatory agencies such as IDNR and EPA, including air permits, RCRA, and NPDES Waste Water Discharge and Storm Water permits.
Apply online or text plantjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
Operation and maintenance of air pollution control equipment to maintain compliance with NAAQS, NESHAPS, and NSPS requirements. This includes recording daily pressure differential readings, startup, shutdown and malfunction reporting, maintaining production logs, and conducting opacity checks. Ensure pollution control equipment operation meets all local, state, and federal air permit requirements.
Operation and maintenance of the waste water treatment facility, including troubleshooting WWT operating problems as they arise. Conduct preventive maintenance and make minor and major repairs to waste water treatment system. Ensure compliance with NPDES water quality standards and demonstrate compliance with NPDES waste water treatment discharge permit.
Will be responsible for daily facility related maintenance activities and will be responsible for general/production maintenance activities as needed to support plant production.
Conduct routine inspections to ensure compliance with RCRA, SWPPP, SPCC and Fire Protection requirements. Ensure proper handling, labeling, accumulation, disposal, loading and manifesting of hazardous and universal waste in accordance with RCRA.
The Environmental Maintenance Technician must have industrial electrical knowledge, and strong Mechanical abilities. Must be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical problems in fast paced, automated manufacturing environment.
Assist with training requirements as required with maintenance, forklifts and all employee personnel by Stryten, DNR, OSHA, etc.
Perform other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job.
Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Must direct and guide small groups during shutdowns and when special projects are required.
- May have contact with outside regulatory agencies (IDNR, EPA) as required for compliance in testing for storm water runoff, effluent discharge assessment, and groundwater monitoring. Will coordinate and execute with delivery personnel to ensure hazardous waste manifest is completed per DOT regulations. Will supervise the unloading of caustic and ferrous chloride tankers, as needed.
- RCRA, Forklift and Iowa Wastewater I license preferred but not required.
- The requirements listed in the following sections are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential elements of this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Working knowledge of proper sampling techniques, calibration, and waste handling problem solving.
General knowledge of RCRA, OSHA, DNR codes and requirements.
Experienced in completing and complying with paperwork associated with RCRA, EPA, and DNR standards.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees, may schedule and administer safety or environmental training.
Responsibilities also include periodic orientation of new employees and other testing of employees as needed.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PC SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE:
- Have some word processing and spreadsheet capabilities.
- Physical demands include hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting of 50#, simple grasping, pulling, pushing, twisting, and repetitive use of hands, and some barrel handling in excess of 200 lbs.
- Production facility, Wastewater treatment building, and other outdoor assignments as required. This job has frequent exposure to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, chemicals, extreme heat and\ extreme cold.
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Energy (www.stryten.com) is an innovative stored energy solutions provider with The Energy to Challenge the status quo in transportation, motive and network power industries. We invest in and develop the energy storage technologies that give our customers the competitive advantage they need to be successful and achieve their goals for growth and profitability.
How do we challenge? We are customer-focused, quality-centered and environmentally responsible with the health and safety of our employees at the center of everything we do.
Our stored energy solutions power everything from forklifts in warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains and trucks to data centers and vast telecom networks. In addition to manufacturing high-quality advanced lead and lithium batteries and intelligent chargers, we design cloud-based software for smart fleet design decisions.
Job Locations IA-Manchester | IA-Dubuque | IA-Waterloo | IA-Oelwein
Requisition ID 2021-3154
Category Manufacturing - Maintenance
Position Type Regular Fulltime
Address 913 South 10th Street
Postal Code 52057