Motrex LLC Quality Engineering Technician in Manchester, Iowa
Responsible for calibrating instruments, gauges, and verification of RTD thermocouple devices used in the inspection and measurement systems. Ensures accurate calibration records are maintained which conform to the applicable Quality Standard. Works within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
Identify and calibrate plant gauges and instruments as required to meet the applicable Quality Standard.
Establish an appropriate time schedule to determine re-calibration or replacement needs of calibrated equipment.
Repair gauges and order new ones as needed.
Track calibration records on computer system
Perform gauge R & R studies.
Write, revise, and maintain calibration procedures and instruction which will meet the requirements of the applicable Quality Standard.
Assist in preparing new equipment for the manufacturing floor.
Update calibration systems are needed and to comply with the applicable Quality Standard.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Maintain N.I.S.T. certified standards for the calibration system.
Work with outside calibration services to assure N.I.S.T. traceability.
Provide training to new QA techs, Engineers, Maintenance, and Operators
Verify that proper testing techniques are complied with – Operators, QA, and Supervisors.
Performs other miscellaneous duties inherent to the job as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
RELATIONSHIPS: Communicates primarily with Quality Assurance management, suppliers, engineers, maintenance production supervisors, production personnel, and staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The following requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Interpret schematics, blue prints, and be able to troubleshoot.
Perform minimal maintenance as it applies to repairing controls, gauges, thermocouples, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma and a math/science background is required. A post high school education is preferred.
Previous Quality Assurance experience is preferred and previous battery experience in Quality Assurance is a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short and technical correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
PC SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE
- Able to do basic data entry for various quality control applications and knowledge of SPC terms and computations.
- Physical demands include hearing, speaking, seeing, writing, standing, sitting, walking, bending, lifting of 60#, simple grasping, pulling, pushing, twisting, and repetitive use of hands.
- Normal office environment and less frequent exposure to lead, fumes, noise, dirt, hazards, chemicals, extreme heat, extreme cold.
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Energy helps solve the world’s most pressing energy challenges with a broad range of energy storage solutions across the Essential Power, Motive Power, Transportation, Military and Government sectors. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we partner with some of the world’s most recognized companies to meet the growing demand for reliable and sustainable energy storage capacity. Stryten powers everything from submarines to subcompacts, microgrids, warehouses, distribution centers, cars, trains and trucks. Our stored energy technologies include advanced lead, lithium and vanadium redox flow batteries, intelligent chargers and energy performance management software that keep people on the move and supply chains running. An industry leader backed by more than a century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the status quo and deliver top-performing energy solutions for today and tomorrow. Learn more atstryten.com.
Job Locations IA-Manchester
Requisition ID 2023-4268
Position Type Regular Fulltime
Address 913 South 10th Street
Postal Code 52057