Motrex LLC Software Engineer in Charlottesville, Virginia
GNB Industrial Power is part of Stryten Energy which is a $1B market leader in the industrial battery and power conversion industry. We are developing Linux based systems that will provide advanced control and IOT cloud communication capabilities for application in the distribution and industrial markets throughout the Americas. We have immediate openings for two talented candidates in our Charlottesville, VA facility.
Apply online or text strytenjobs to 97211 to begin your pre-screening process!
● We are looking for motivated software engineers to join our growing team to develop software to further advance our industrial lithium battery program. This software runs on a custom Linux kernel running on an ARM CPU.
● Programmers will participate in all phases of software development including design, development, test and support. Development targets include 32 Bit Arm targets with and without Linux operating systems. Tasks will include developing applications that utilize Wi-Fi, Bluetooth serial interface, and CAN bus communication. Other targets may include embedded microprocessors. Software development requirements may span one or more of these target environments.
Ideal candidates will possess technical expertise in software engineering including:
● BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
● Programming experience in Python and C/C+● Good understanding of the fundamental software development concepts such as modules, layering, OO vs. procedural, etc. is a must.
● Experience with git source control and continuous integration
● Knowledge or experience in software/system requirements capture and design
● Understanding of software validation and verification processes for technical product development with the ability to generate test descriptions and perform systems evaluation and testing of product systems.
● Successful candidates will be capable of working independently while contributing to a fast-paced team development.
● Work is on-site
● Linux Experience
● Embedded Experience
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Energy (www.stryten.com) is an innovative stored energy solutions provider with The Energy to Challenge the status quo in transportation, motive and network power industries. We invest in and develop the energy storage technologies that give our customers the competitive advantage they need to be successful and achieve their goals for growth and profitability.
How do we challenge? We are customer-focused, quality-centered and environmentally responsible with the health and safety of our employees at the center of everything we do.
Our stored energy solutions power everything from forklifts in warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains and trucks to data centers and vast telecom networks. In addition to manufacturing high-quality advanced lead and lithium batteries and intelligent chargers, we design cloud-based software for smart fleet design decisions.
Job Locations VA-Charlottesville
Requisition ID 2021-2904
Position Type Regular Fulltime
Address 4035 Hunterstand Court
Postal Code 22911