Motrex LLC Information Security Engineer - Contractor in Alpharetta, Georgia
This is a contract to hire position.
The Information Security Engineer is responsible for providing technical guidance within an enterprise's information security & compliance environment and recommending security & compliance measures to safeguard its valuable information assets. The main purpose of this position is to protect the information assets of the business. You will be expected to manage security tools, implement new technology, and evaluate the current infrastructure & application landscape and provide appropriate reports. In this role you are responsible to look for any security vulnerabilities, monitor the security footprint and provide your expert suggestions for needed security measures and work with team to implement security measures & technical controls to meet specific security & compliance requirements and defines processes and standards to ensure that security configurations are maintained.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Perform administrator role for all security tools and work with vendors to maintain and improve the security measures
● Perform administrator role for SIEM (IBM QRadar) and perform day-to-day operational activities & projects that includes but not limited to
○ Validate all gateways are up and running
○ Validate critical log sources are sending events
○ Log source configuration
○ Check if there is any pending deployment and perform incremental / full deployment
○ Offense investigation
○ Setup new log sources as required
○ Troubleshoot issues with critical infrastructure
○ Coordinate rules tuning with SOC
○ Monitor and add use cases as needed
○ Keep SIEM Run book up to date
● Researches and assesses new threats and security alerts, and recommends remedial actions.
● Researches evaluate, designs, tests recommends and plans the implementation of new or updated information security technologies including developing business cases for security investments.
● Assist in the planning and execution of system enhancements and upgrades.
● Assists in the development of security architecture and security & compliance policies, principles, and standards.
● Coordination and completion of information security & compliance operations documentation.
● Prepare weekly monthly and quarterly KPI reports.
● Reports to IT Leadership concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
● Plays an advisory role in application development, acquisition, and Infrastructure projects to assess security & compliance requirements and controls and to ensure that security & compliance controls are implemented as planned.
● Collaborates on critical IT projects to ensure that security & compliance issues addressed throughout the project life cycle.
● Maintain a complete set of Information security & compliance policies to meet regulatory requirements and withstand audits.
● Works with external partners on deploying, tuning and running vulnerability-scanning and penetration-testing tools to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
● Assists IT staff in the resolution of reported security incidents.
● Participates in security investigations and compliance reviews, as requested by internal or external auditors.
● Provides oversight and management of security & audit gap remediation.
● Supports e-discovery processes to include identification, collection, preservation, and processing of relevant data.
● Maintain project status reports and communicate same to management on an ongoing basis.
● Assist in the development of documentation on new or existing systems.
● Participate in special projects as required.
● Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
● Minimum 6 years of IT industry experience
● Minimum Four years of experience in Information security & compliance
● Expertise with IBM QRadar SIEM technology
● Experience in Crowdstrike Falcon endpoint protection
● Excelled network security architecture skills
● Experience with systems security threats and events
● Experience with Networking components and server infrastructure
● Self-starting, eager to learn and master new responsibilities
● Experience with Proxy and Identity management systems
● Vulnerability management program experience
● Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent work experience.
● CompTIA Security+ or Industry-standard information security certification.
● Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● In-depth knowledge and understanding of information risk concepts and principles, as a means of relating business, needs to security controls.
● Experience with common information security & compliance management frameworks, such as ITIL, NIST, SOC2, COBIT and ISO 2700x,
● Basic understanding of business applications and financial systems.
● Strong analytical skills to analyze security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
● Excellent technical knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, such as Security information & event management , network security , identity management, and access management (IAM) systems, anti-malware solutions, automated policy compliance tools, and desktop security tools.
● Experience in developing, documenting and maintaining security & compliance policies, processes, procedures, and standards.
● Knowledge of network infrastructure, including routers, switches, firewalls, and the associated network protocols and concepts.
● Project management experience is preferred.
Has the ability to work with all levels of the business or external customers/suppliers involved in the projects. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
No supervision is anticipated
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required: English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret requirements documents, industry periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers or suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal travel is anticipated for this position (10%).
Motrex is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Motrex (motrexllc.com) provides services to industrial manufacturing and recycling businesses. We specialize in Finance and Accounting, Purchasing, EHS Compliance, Quality and Human Resource Management, as well as Information Technology. Our multi-functional approach enables us to exploit synergy potential and thus improve the competitiveness of our clients’ businesses.
Job Locations GA-Alpharetta
Requisition ID 2022-3730
Category Information Technology
Position Type Consultant/Contractor
Location : Address 3700 Mansell Road
Location : Postal Code 30022