Motrex LLC 2022 Summer Intern - IT Infrastructure in Alpharetta, Georgia
Motrex LLC is an exclusive service provider to Stryten Energy, a $1 Billion leader in stored electrical energy solutions, including batteries and associated equipment and services for the transportation and industrial markets. We have over 2,000 employees working at manufacturing sites throughout the midwest and offices across the southeast, west coast, and Canada.
Motrex’s corporate headquarters is located just north of Atlanta in Alpharetta, GA. The internship will begin in May of 2022 and end in August 2022 and will be full time (40 hours a week) with expectations of being onsite each day, no remote work. This is a paid opportunity but housing is not provided so you must have both housing and transportation.
Our environment is casual but professional and our interns are exposed to many Senior level leaders. If this sounds good to you, then it’s your time to shine! We don’t want our interns to sit on the sidelines – we want you to challenge us and provide creative ways to approach projects.
● Assist with planning and documentation of Enterprise Office Suite project planned for FY2023
● Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
● Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
● Organize and maintain IT resources
● Lend IT support in areas such as backups, monitoring, networking and server
Specific duties could include:
● Imaging, configuration, and patch management of employee laptops and desktops
● Troubleshooting issues with onsite IT equipment such as laptops/desktops, printers, VOIP service devices and conference room AV devices
● Working with our backup infrastructure to ensure physical backups are cataloged and shipped off-site per our backup policies.
● Reviewing alerts from monitoring tools and working with engineers to investigate and resolve as needed
● Documenting and cataloging existing IT infrastructure to ensure records and inventory are up to date
We are looking for rising Juniors or Seniors working towards BS in Information Technology or other related degrees and a GPA of 3.0 or greater.
● Strong interest in a career in IT
● Strong verbal and written communication
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work well in teams
● Strong work ethic and attention to detail
● A casual but professional environment.
● Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
● Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
Stryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Stryten Energy (www.stryten.com) is an innovative stored energy solutions provider with The Energy to Challenge the status quo in transportation, motive and network power industries. We invest in and develop the energy storage technologies that give our customers the competitive advantage they need to be successful and achieve their goals for growth and profitability.
How do we challenge? We are customer-focused, quality-centered and environmentally responsible with the health and safety of our employees at the center of everything we do.
Our stored energy solutions power everything from forklifts in warehouses and distribution centers to cars, trains and trucks to data centers and vast telecom networks. In addition to manufacturing high-quality advanced lead and lithium batteries and intelligent chargers, we design cloud-based software for smart fleet design decisions.
Job Locations GA-Alpharetta
Requisition ID 2021-3073
Category Information Technology
Position Type Intern
Location : Address 3700 Mansell Road
Location : Postal Code 30022